Monday, January 20, 2020

Week 2 Reading Anthology


I thought that these anthologies that we had to read were very intriguing.  It seems to me that most Indian myths must deal with animals as the protagonist or antagonist to make the story flow. The story that really stuck with me The Foolish, Timid Rabbit. I though this story was quite funny and a good representation of life.  We should not always follow a pack of people.  If one person says one thing and then people pass it around and yet it sounds too good to be true someone should question it, otherwise we all look dumb.   One question that I have after eating these stories is why are all the people animals? It it intriguing and something that I would like to learn about.  Going back to the story it was interesting that they had the rabbit as being a dumb foolish creature when rabbits are supposed to be one of the wisest creatures. I like that the point the myth was trying to get across was easy to understand as well.  Unlike some myths and folklore that are hard to figure out the message of the story this one wasn’t.


The lion Roaring. (April 4, 1912)
Ellsworth Young. Source: Wikimedia

Author: Babbitt, Ellen C. The Foolish, Timid Rabbit. The Foolish, Timid Rabbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment