Monday, January 13, 2020

Storybook Favorites

1. The first story book that interest me is Battle for Lanka.  What drew me to this storybook was how it was structured.  I really like the thought of making each person have their own journal as a way of telling their story.  It is a unique way to capture someone’s attention and draw them in.  I am not familiar with this topic so when I read the story book I really wanted to explore it more in depth and maybe choose this one and make it my own.  I thought the overall design was nice and that it was very each to navigate.

Sri Lanka. (February 2000)
National Aeronautics & Space Administration. Source: Wikicommons

2. The second storybook that I chose to look at was Music Stories.  I really enjoyed looking at layout and design of this one.  The introduction was a little bit confusing because it states that we will be learning about music but when you click on Ravana we get met by a beast that is apparently angry and blood thirsty.  Sure, the person does connect it to music but that was not a story that seemed to have cohesion.  If I were to do this one I would make sure that everything flowed well and that the story was happy.  With music we usually associate it with happiness not destruction.

Ravana. (December 27, 2004)
Henryart. Source: Wikicommons

3. The third and final story that I chose was A Hero’s Adventures.  I chose this one because I am big fan of action and heroic characters. This storybook took a different path than I thought.  I was under the impression that there were going to fights and death with the main character saving the woman but alas there wasn’t really any of that. I think the title could be a little misleading when trying to understand this book.  I thought the design and layout were a little bland and could have used some color.  Overall, I did enjoy the stories and will definitely keep it in mind when deciding on my project.

Kamadeva. (1820-1825)
Unknown Author. Source: Wikicommons

No comments:

Post a Comment