Monday, January 13, 2020

My Favorite Place: Midland, Texas

One of my favorite places to go in the world is Midland, Texas.  I know a lot of you are asking yourself, why would he choose Midland as one of his favorite places.  Well, I shall let you know.
One of the reasons that I love Midland is that all my extended family lives there and I have been going down there ever since I was born.  What I love about this place is that it is a small cozy town with the population of a big city.  While the city limits aren’t very big there is a lot to see down there.  When my family and I go down there we usually go visit my grandparents and my uncle.  My uncle owns a pretty big oil and gas company, so he lets us visit him in his offices.  I think it has become more fascinating to me as I have gotten older.  The reason that I say this is that as he tells me more and more about what everyone’s job is I actually understand what he is saying. As I have gotten older it seems that things that seemed boring have now started to interest me more.

After we have visited him we go over to my grandparent’s house.  What is interesting here is that all my relatives live within 5 miles of my grandparent’s house.  It makes it much easier to visit family members when all you have to do is walk a couple of minutes to their house.  Aside from spending time with family, Midland has a great movie theater called Cinergy that I spend a lot of time at.  The reason for that is I have been a movie fanatic since I was 7 and am a film major so I try to go movies as much as I can.  Besides having a great theatre there are a lot of good spots in town to eat.  The food in Midland is different than Oklahoma because there is authentic Mexican food and it just hits harder.  You can also go atv riding and go out to shoot guns/hunt if that strikes your fancy.  Overall, visiting Midland is just a fun time overall and it is cool to see how a small town has seen a lot of growth over 2 decades.


Midland County Courthouse View. (August 22, 2017)
Ahodges7. Source: Wikicommons

2 comments:

  1. How great, Andrew! I have such fond memories of Midland from summers there when I was little; it's where my grandmother lived. She worked in the oil industry way back in the day, and I remember she had beautiful oil core lamps and oil core bookends in her house. Have you seen those? SO COOL; here's a picture from Core Craft in Midland. It's an old art; back in the day I think they were very common and popular but now not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Andrew!
    The Mexican food in Oklahoma has never really wowed me haha. I actually try to avoid eating it. I grew up in Burleson, Texas and my family drove through Midland a lot. I have had a lot of great TexMex. Some of my favorite places are in San Antonio and Fort Worth. Austin and Houston have some great places too though. This was so fun reading!

    ReplyDelete