Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Growth Mindset

I have actually heard of Carol Dweck and the growth mindset.  We learned about it in the Mythology and Folklore class I took last semester. The one thing that has been most challenging for me since coming to OU is learning to budget my time for each subject that I am taking.  I find that too often I spend too much time on one subject and not enough on another.  I am working on setting out certain time periods during the day to devote to each subject.  What I have learned about myself since being at OU is that I learn best by writing the information down that is being presented to me.  Just listening is not enough, I need to be able to write it down so that way it gets engraved in my mind.  Since I learned about the Growth mindset last semester I probably wouldn’t be that interested in learning more about it.  My learning goals is to get all my homework and quizzes done before Friday so that way I can have the weekend to relax. The one class I am excited about it Gender and James Bond, because it is being taught by one of my favorite teachers.
Growing Brain. (June 24, 2011)
Xavier Vergés. Source: Flickr

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, Andrew, I had to say something here: that James Bond class looks amazing! I follow Lisa Funnell at Twitter and she shared some stuff from that syllabus about what you will be reading and learning about in there as you watch the movies. It sounds FABULOUS!!! Maybe you could do a project about James Bond in India as a Storybook for this class so that you could take your James Bond insights from that class and use them to tell a Bond adventure set in India in this class, where maybe he could be going around to different temples connected with the epics or investigating some crimes/conspiracies that are modeled on the crimes/conspiracies in the epics. Anyway, just a thought. That class is going to be fantastic for sure. If I were on campus, I would ask her if she would let me sit in on that!

    ReplyDelete