Monday, January 20, 2020

Topic Brainstorm

1. The first story is Battle for Lanka. The reason that I chose this one is that I am a war nut so anything that pertains to fights, or war has my interest right away.  I have no previous knowledge of this story at all but it is something that definitely peaks my interest.  It was definitely interesting to read this story through journal entries.  If I were to do this one I probably would make each section its own portion of the battle with the culmination of who won the battle for Lanka. I would probably give more detail of what happens on the battlefield and the aftermath.

2.  The second story that I found interesting was Karna: The Ill fated Hero. I chose this one because i am a sucker for stories that deal with a ill fated character, like Achilles. I really enjoyed the way that this storybook was structured! I thought it was good to introduce us to the characters we were going to meet right away.  I have no knowledge about this story.  If I were to retell this story i probably would make it captivating and full of mystery to lure my reader in.

3. The third story was Indra: The Thunder God. This struck me as interesting because it almost reminded me of Thor. The storybook I read was not real organized at all. If I was to attempt to do this story book I would make sure my introduction was the first tab that readers clicked on.  Not only that but I would like to also make it more exciting.  I would maybe have Indra be telling stories of how he came to be to his children or followers. Also, when telling the story of him fighting against other Gods I want it to be able to pull the reader in deeper and be invested.

4. The fourth and final story I chose was India Horror. If I were to retell these stories I would do it in such a sense that a sense of horror really comes about as like a ghost story.  After reading this storybook there really wasn't anything horror about it and I was let down.  I would want to make the stories told in this storybook real spooky macabre type stuff that would creep people out. I may not no a lot of about Indian myths but I am confident i would be able to turn every story into a good one that people would want to read.

Indian holi Horror. (March 16, 2014)
NA. Source: Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment