Monday, January 20, 2020

Week 2 Reading Overview


The Ramayana that I have chosen to read is the Public domain edition.  The reason I chose this one is because I think it will be interesting to read the different authors takes on these stories.  By having a bunch of different authors, I am probably never going to have a hard time finding a good story to take notes on.

The first comic book is Rama: Retold from the Ramayana and the second comic book is Vali: The Downfall of an Arrogant King. The reason that I chose the first comic book is because I thought it would be interesting to have a comic set in a different part of Rama life. Instead of having a comic book that does random stories, a cohesive story timeline would be better.  I then chose Vali because i have always liked reading about the downfall about historical figures who thought that they were better than others.

The first video I chose was Rama's route to Lanka. The reason that I chose this one is because it intriguing to learn the route that Rama chose.  It brings up some good questions like, why did he go that way? Did he come across any enemies or any battle that he had to fight? The second video I chose was Indian and Greek Mythological parallels. The reason that I chose this one is because I have always wondered if there was any connection between Indian and Greek myths.  If there are what are they?
Indra. (ca. 1930)
Sudhansu Ajaudharany. Source: Blogspot

The reason that I chose this image is because I thought it looked like a god encased in an orb riding on water while holding a bow and arrow.  It also looks like he/she is about to into battle and fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment