Thursday, February 6, 2020

Reading Notes: Part A The Divine Archer

I really enjoyed reading this story. Even though Part A is considerably longer than what we are used to me really enjoyed how in depth it goes.  The descriptions that are given throughout the first part of the book are exquisite.  It makes me feel that I am really there when I am reading it.  I have always said that in order to capture a reader’s attention you must have immaculate detail as well as an interesting narrative that continues to drive the story forward. This story does just that.  I also like that in the context of section A we get a bunch of little stories that are all tied together.  The book does a great job at showing the culture of Indian and the different stories that are still prevalent to this day and age.  I can for sure say that when I was reading these stories, it definitely brought back some life lessons that I have learned in my life. All the characters that I have come across in this novel seem to represent a different way of life.  On top of that I feel that there are definitely illusions to other myths from other cultures. Rama breaking the bow that no one could bend reminds me of the sword and the stone.  

While there are a lot of great qualities to this first section there are also some negatives.  I felt like some of the wording and portrayal of the characters were kind of repetitive.  The stories seemed to drag on for pages at a time. I am always appreciative of the authors trying to get as much detail into the novel as possible but sometimes it can be a little too much. Overall, I thought the stories were great, while a little wordy at times.
Rama and Sita. (October 21, 2016)
Infinite Eyes. Source: Flickr

Bibliography: Gibbs, Laura. Divine Archer. Divine Archer

No comments:

Post a Comment