Sunday, February 9, 2020

Reading Notes Part A: Drona's Revenge

This story is a lot more interesting in regard to the battle sequences that happen.  The overall descriptions that are going on throughout this story just seem to reinforce the idea that Indian mythology is all about the details, even if they are small.  It seems that all the stories that I have read up until this point are the most intricate and detailed that I have ever read.  They want us to know who each character is and who we should be focusing on.  With this story it lets us know right away that we are dealing with Drona and his pupils.  The overarching theme to this story seems to be that sometimes battle is necessary to combat the trials of evil the invade a good land. Like many other stories that I have read across the last two semesters, the battle sequence does not last long.  One thing I have always been curious is why is that? I have been researching and cannot seem to find an answer about why the battles we read about are not gory and detailed letting us know the horrors of battle.  It would seem that this story, like most of the ones that I have read care more about the politics that happen after the battle.  While that is all good and well it is rather boring, and I think most people would agree. Sometimes it is hard to try to figure out who the good characters and evil ones are.  The reason I say this is because it sometimes seems that the ones we considered to be good end up being the ones that are the most hated.  Overall, I did really enjoy this story.  I feel like I say that a lot but I do go through some stories that are rather boring and I only like to write notes on the ones that can hold my interest like this one.

Drona. (August 15, 2107)
Mughal. Source: Wikipedia

Bibliography: Gibbs, Laura. Drona's Revenge. Drona's Revenge

No comments:

Post a Comment