Monday, April 6, 2020

Reading Notes: Part A Rama Goes into Exile

For Part A I decided to read about Rama going into exile.  I thought that this was a great story. It showed how loyal everyone was to Rama, not only that but that his wife was going to share in the punishment that he was facing.  The loyalty that follows Rama is strong, with the fact that his brother and wife are insisting on doing his punishment with him. What I really enjoyed was that, at the end of the story, even though he had been banished he promised to come back and honor the person who banished him.  Like, who does that, because I know if I came back from banishment I would want to see the person who sent me away die and I wouldn’t stop until they were hurting or dead.  I guess this why everyone thinks that Rama is a just and equal god.

One thing I was wondering is that if he is so powerful and mighty, why doesn’t he just destroy the people who put him into exile? I wonder if it is because he is showing the rest of his nation that he is just like everyone else and that not even he is above reproach? There is really not a lot to dislike with this story.  Rama knows that he has done something wrong, even though we aren’t told what if we haven’t read the stories before, and he takes his lumps like a man.  The only thing that I wished this storied included was a brief summary of what happened in the story before it so that we knew why Rama was being exiled again.  Overall, I felt this story was a great one and very strongly written. I think I might end up writing my Week 12 story on this.
                                  Rama and Sita. (September 17, 2013)
                                        Myknow3. Source: Wikipedia

Bibliography: Gibbs, Laura. Rama Goes into Exile. Rama Goes Into Exile

No comments:

Post a Comment